Today, I got a lot of work done on the dress. Most of it is not fun to look at, except my side panels and the new plan for the back of the polonaise.
Now that I am rich in fabric, I can make the back of the polonaise consit in basically three layers. The base layer is the train, the edges of which were cut with little chevrons. Little tassels will hang from the tips of these. The front portion will be turned back to expose the lilac lining.
On top of that are my side panels. I finished these today, and they look rather nice. They are trimmed with a plum poufy thing and then with aubergine braid. The bottom tips are trimmed with two tassels of slightly varied heights. It is lined with lilac silk.
On top of the side panels rests the top pouf. The sides of the top pouf will be gathered into the front side of the bodice. The top will be gathered into the back pieces. It, too, will have chevrons, the tips of which will hold little aubergine tassels. It is also lined in lilac silk. It is almost done at this point, but doesn’t look like much so no pictures.
To the left is a photo of one of the finished side panels, which would be in the middle of our polonaise back sandwich. The photo is not very good. You might be able to make out the plum poufy trim, aubergine braid, and the two tassels at the bottom.
Both side panels are finished and lined, just waiting to be nestled in between the train and the upper pouf.